The building that today is Wallenberg Hall (Building 160) at Stanford University was completed in 1900. Funded by the generous gift of Thomas Welton Stanford, Leland Stanford's younger brother, the building has served as the library, the administrative center, the law school and home of the department of political science during its 100-year lifespan.
Two marble statues of Benjamin Franklin and Johannes Gutenberg had been mysteriously missing from their perch above Wallenberg Hall since 1949. A second pair of statues, depicting Louis Agassiz and Alexander von Humboldt, were sculpted in 1902 and still stand in place above the entry to Jordan Hall.
Oleg Lobykin re-created the missing statues based on historical photographs and other evidence to match the originals as closely as possible.